Belongs to the gourd family- Cucurbitaceae and is a running or climbing vine. The fruit is harvested young and used as a vegetable. It has light green smooth skin and white inner flesh. Usually, the round fruits are called Calabash gourd and the slender long fruits are called Bottle gourds.
HOW TO STORE
- Reduces stress.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Helps in treating sleeping disorders.
- Prevents premature greying of hair.
Bottle guard, also called Lauki, Ghia, and Doodhi in North India, whereas it is called Sorekai in South India. It is an everyday vegetable that can be used to make sabzi, dal, pulao, and many other dishes. You can also combine Bottle Gourd along with other vegetables to make it more flavourful and nutritious.
- Rich source of vitamin C, K, and calcium.
- Maintains a healthy heart and brings down bad cholesterol levels.
- Treats urinary tract infections.
- Prevents stress, depression, and other mental disorders.